Things to do
In Åsen, there are things to do all year round for young and old. The farms and their impressive surroundings have been preserved, and today you can experience them as they would have been over a hundred years ago. Stroll through the lush surroundings and soak up the atmosphere, let your children run free in the play area or take part in some of the activities on offer.
The culture reserve, including the farm museum, exhibitions and play areas for our youngest visitors, is open all year round with free admission. We organise various activities throughout the year, ranging from courses in period crafts and farming methods to family days with live demonstrations.
Here is just some of what is on offer:
- Horse and cart rides
- Guided excursions
- Learn about Swedish history in an authentic environment
- Celebrate a traditional Midsummer
- Help out on the farm during the autumn harvest
- Visit the yearly Christmas market
- Go hiking in Åsen’s surrounds