Good to know
The accommodation in the village is open all year round and you can choose to book a room in the youth hostel or rent a whole cottage. The reception is partially unmanned; information about key collection and anything else you may need to know ahead of your stay will be provided when you book. A map of the village is available on the notice boards at both entrances and at the reception desk at Handelsboden on the ground floor of Teklas Loge.
Accommodation in Åsens By in brief
- Open all year round
- You can book a room or rent a cottage
- Free Wi-Fi
- Shared laundry room
- Pets are allowed in all rooms/cottages (dogs must be kept on leads within the reserve)
- Every cottage has outdoor furniture and a barbecue
- Permanent fireplaces are located along the hiking trails by Timmerstugorna, the wind shelter at Tuta spring and at the nature station next to Lake Ruppen
- The village is car-free, so children can play here freely and safely. The playgrounds, the Leket play area and the play barn and farm museum are open all year round.
- The accommodation is self-catered but the following can be pre-booked:
- Packed breakfast (coffee/tea, bread, butter, sandwich toppers, egg)
- Sheets and towels to rent
- Final cleaning
How to find us
Some satnavs will take you on a detour here. Take the turning for Haurida Kyrka (Haurida Church). At the church follow signs for Vandrarhem (youth hostel). Free parking is available at the entrance to the reserve. Driving is not allowed inside the reserve but you are welcome to drive in to pack and unpack.
Check-in and check-out
When there are staff on site, check-in and check-out are done at the reception desk in Handelsboden, located downstairs in Teklas Loge. If you arrive outside of these times, we will leave a key and a map of the village in the key box outside Handelsboden; this is also where you should leave the key when you check out if there are no staff on site.
- Check-in: From 4 pm (early check-in subject to availability)
- Check-out: Latest 11 am
You can pay by card, Swish or cash at check-in or check-out. If there are no staff on site, we will agree in advance how the payment should be made. If no prior agreement is made, we will send you an invoice.
Driving is not allowed in the reserve, but you are welcome to drive up to your cottage to unpack. Parking is available at one of the entrances; we recommend the southern car park (Haurida entrance) if you are staying at the youth hostel. Both car parks are free.
During opening hours you can reach us on +46(0) 36-830 55. At all other times the hostel manager can be reached on +46(0) 36-38 71 45 or +46(0) 73-836 62 55. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.